Langsung ke konten utama

White Lion

Scientific Classification



The lion (Panthera leo) is a species in the family Felidae; it is a muscular, deep-chested cat with a short, rounded head, a reduced neck and round ears, and a hairy tuft at the end of its tail. It is sexually dimorphic; male lions have a prominent mane, which is the most recognisable feature of the species. With a typical head-to-body length of 184–208 cm (72–82 in) they are larger than females at 160–184 cm (63–72 in). It is a social species, forming groups called prides. A lion pride consists of a few adult males, related females and cubs. Groups of female lions usually hunt together, preying mostly on large ungulates. The lion is an apex and keystone predator, although some lions scavenge when opportunities occur, and have been known to hunt humans, although the species typically does not.          

Typically, the lion inhabits grasslands and savannas but is absent in dense forest. It is usually more diurnal than other big cats, but when persecuted it adapts to being active at night and at twilight. In the Pleistocene, the lion ranged throughout Eurasia, Africa and North America but today it has been reduced to fragmented populations in Sub-Saharan Africa and one critically endangered population in western India. It has been listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List since 1996 because populations in African countries have declined by about 43% since the early 1990s. Lion populations are untenable outside designated protected areas. Although the cause of the decline is not fully understood, habitat loss and conflicts with humans are the greatest causes for concern.

White Lion


The white lion is a rare color mutation of the lion, specifically the Southern African Lion. White lions in the area of Timbavati were thought to have been indigenous to the Timbavati region of South Africa for centuries, although the earliest recorded sighting in this region was in 1938. Regarded as divine by locals, white lions first came to public attention in the 1970s, in Chris McBride's book The White Lions of Timbavati.

Description


White lions are not albinos. Their white color is caused by a reseccive trait derived from a less-severe mutation in the same gene that causes albinism, distinct from the gene responsible for white tigers. They vary from blonde to near-white. This coloration does not appear to pose a disadvantage to their survival. The white lions of the Global White Lion Protection Trust (GWLPT) have been reintroduced into their natural habitat and have been hunting and breeding successfully without human intervention for a significant amount of time.

Breeding and Genetics

A recessive gene gives white lions their unusual colors. A similar gene also produces white tigers. White lions can therefore be selectively bred for zoos, animal shows and wildlife parks. Such breeding involves inbreeding and can result in inbreeding depression (genetic defects, reduced fertility, and physical defects), although this has not yet been found to cause hind-limb paralysis or serious heart defects, which would indicate a severe level of inbreeding. Some are concerned about white lions mating with lions of other alleles, due to possible extinction of the white lion allele. However, this is not valid as the offspring will inherit the recessive white gene and therefore make it possible to produce white offspring in a later generation, thus making the allele more widespread. Some critics maintain that white lions should not be introduced into the wild because of the inbreeding that has taken place in zoos and breeding camps. However, ethical reintroduction programs such as The Global White Lion Protection Trust have ensured through the use of scientific methodologies that the lions in their program are not inbred.

What Makes The White Lion Unique

First of all, i would like to tell you Why I choose Lion and White Lion in this article. I choose lion because "Lion" is my middle name. My middle name is Haidar which means "Lion of The Desert". And i choose white lion because i think this species is very unique, while you know lion as the brown animal. Like what i said before, white lion is unique because of its white hair. White lions are not albinos.Their white color is caused by a reseccive trait derived from a less-severe mutation in the same gene that causes albinism, distinct from the gene responsible for white tigers.







Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Two Weeks Holiday

Assalamu'alaikum everyone, now, I'm going to retell about my experiences of last holiday. But first, I want to tell that I will only retell the important event, so, I will not tell you about when we are pray, eat, and take a bath. The holiday start at 21st December 2019, a day after our parents took the study report from last semester. But, the fact is, I started my holiday on Monday, 23rd December 2019.  My holiday started with M-Camp. M-Camp is stand for Muslim Camp. This is a yearly event, and always held on December at every year. This is intended for members of junior Islamic organization in the city of Bandung. As an alumni of Junior High School 5 Bandung who joined the Islamic organization of that school, I was appointed as a committee for M-Camp 2019, as an event division. This event held three days from 23rd December until 25th December 2019 at Sekolah Alam Dago, Bandung. At the first day, the committees and the participants gathered in Salman Mosque at 5.30

All About Myself

All About Myself Assalamua'laikum everyone let me introduce myself. My name is Rafie Haidar Arshad, you can call me Rafie. I born at Tasikmalaya, 2nd October, so this year, i'm going to 16 years old. I live in PCI 2, located in Ngamprah, Bandung Barat. I live with my parents and two sisters,their name is Hasna and Haura.They are twin but not identic,so,they have different face at all.  I have a lot of hobby,includinng futsal,gaming, and many more.i am a friendly and easy smile person,i love to make other peoples happy,and of course,i love to laugh,but i am not crazy. Why i love to do all of that thing? Cause I know smile and make other peoples happy is part of worship.You make peoples happy,so Allah will make you happy too. I'm a person who dreams to be a scientist,but i know if someone want to be success,they have to success in the world and hereafter.So, i decided that i want to become a hafidz quran too.
  My Goal My Ambition In my opinion, goals are something that will constantly energize us to stay on course. No matter how hard our lives is, we will keep trying to find the way out. By setting goals and constantly reminding myself of them, I feel as though I work hard to meet my goals. In order to succeed, I believe setting goals are very important. Since I was kid, I always have ambitions. I grew up as a multi-talent kid. Alhamdulillah, I'm the one who can learn new things easily. for example, I started to learn Quran when I was 3 years old, yeah, I love to learn since I was little. I also love sports, especially football. I've been in a lot of football competitions since I was in elementary school.  When I was 11 years old, I've already set my own goals. Some of the goals I want to achieve are to be a  hafidz Quran while being a scientist and entrepreneur.it's very important to have balance in my life, between the mortal life and the hereafter life.  At the beginning